Saturday, January 14, 2012

Things I love

Taking a shower! I know, you are welcome. But this is a bit harder than you would think when you have an almost 2 year old at home, and a husband who works two jobs. During the week I set an alarm for 530 so I can shower before the boy gets up. If he gets up early Robert has to get up early.

But on Saturdays I want to sleep as long as possible and it throws the shower off a little. When and how I shower depends on what time Robert goes to work. If Xman sleeps in and Robert goes to work early, I sometimes have to wait until nap time.

But today ... I had an epiphany! Xman figured out how to get around the cage guarding the fireplace and tv stand from a little man. Who loves to climb and push buttons. So we folded the cage up and stuck it behind the chair in the bedroom. But today it was my salvation. I put the cage together and made a weird diamond-type shape so he could watch Dinosaur Train (our favorite tv show) and could still get into the bathroom to talk to me and make sure I did not run away. Throw in a few toys that can be thrown out of the cage and I had a full 15 minutes to shower and get dressed before he started wanting out ... and now he wants back in ... Giving me time to post this!

I am planning on using this when we garden in the front yard too, practicing in the backyard first, of course.

No comments: