Sunday, October 19, 2014

Experiments with Etsy and Teachers Pay Teachers


I started an Etsy shop a while back as an experiment.  I listed the doodle coffee mugs, got questions about custom mugs, nothing really panned out, and I forgot about it.



I really like drawing on mugs and made about 20 one night for fun, I really like them all, but I don't really drink coffee.  I figure I will take some to school, but I did go ahead a list a few on etsy again.  My shop is called All the Whole Heaps (thanks Xman for the name).


 Some of the mugs have a Biology theme ....


 









Some of the mugs are just circles ....


 










I have also listed one of my creations for my Biology students this year.  This is a summary sheet for the basics my kiddos need to know for my class.

I have many summary sheets like these, but I don't know if these are things other teachers or students would like or not.

I have also played around on Teachers Pay Teachers where my store is called I Teach High School.  I have sold a couple of spreadsheets on Teachers Pay Teachers, but I have a problem with Teachers Pay Teachers.  I get $0.29 for every $1 I sell.  That doesn't seem right.  And the only way to increase the percentage you keep is to pay the site $60 per year.  Therefore, I am trying my educational items on etsy.  I am not looking to make a lot of money off of these items.  I make them for my kids.  But at the same time I think they are worth the $1 or $2 I ask for the items.  This item took probably 3 hours of my time.  Sorry if that seemed like I was ranting, but I believe in teachers. I think we should help each other out. If you are interested in seeing more examples of my summary sheets you can also check out my "teacher blog" We Teach High School.


No comments: