Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A long day

Today was the first day back with kiddos ... I am tired! It doesn't seem like I should have to go back tomorrow. One of the joys of having seniors is they swap classes a lot at semester, so I have a different mix of kids in most of my classes. No problem in the morning ... but in the afternoon ...that is another story. I am sure it will be rectified in the next couple of weeks.

On the upside, I got a gift yesterday! From an ex-student. It was a whatchamacallit! So yummy! He is now my favorite. He is a kid from my first batch of freshmen I taught. I yelled at him in the hallway one day. It is good to see how students change in the four years of high school and after. He has really become an amazing young man, who seems to have excelled and matured into an amazing young man. I was worried he might get trapped in the silliness of his friends, but he has done well. He is my favorite (for a little while:).