Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Spinach

So I have eaten a lot of spinach today! This is the second week for spinach salads for lunch. Then last night I found a spinach smoothie and spinach chips on pinterest. So I was brave and tried them both today.

 

I think the smoothie looked so good because of the color. It was drinkable but ... it had a lot of milk and yogurt which was the main taste. Then you would get hints of the banana and peanut butter. Neither of these are my favorites. The spinach didn't really have any taste at all, so maybe I should just add a little spinach to my normal smoothie ... but it may turn it an ugly color. What color does purple and green make? Maybe not.

So how would I change it. Cut the banana. A smoothie without a banana is yucky? I agree, but wait until you see the other changes. Cut the spinach. Quadruple the peanut butter. Swap the yogurt out for ice cream. Add chocolate ... Yeah, that sounds good!

The winner is definitely the spinach chips - yummy!!! Tastes a lot like lays potato chips to me. Not much to it except grease and salt. I would definitely make these if I was craving greasy chips and didn't have chips in the house. And they were easy to make!

Disclaimer:  While I am trying to start working out, I am not changing my diet.  I am not on the "lose 50lbs this week" kick.  I am trying to get more fruits and veggies in - which makes these two choices make a little more sense!

No comments: