Saturday, October 25, 2014

My Pampered Chef Experience ... so far

August 2013 I jumped into the role of Pampered Chef consultant.  I had several motivating factors.  Money is always tight., I love the products, and I like parties.  A friend had a party and the consultant wasn't pushy or over the top, he was real, and I thought, well if I don't have to be pushy, I might be able to do this.  I went to the party knowing I could spend $20-40, and there were so many products I wanted.  One of the products I wanted most was the manual food processor ... and it was out of my price range ($50).

I am a teacher and I teach swim lessons in the summer for extra money.  It was the end of the summer, and I had been saving up money for two things: I wanted a Nike Fuel Band ($150) and the Advocare 24-Day Challenge ($150).  I did the 24-Day Challenge later and used $170 (with tax) to buy the biggest start-up kit ($500 value), because it had the manual food processor and a lot of other items I wanted.  

The way I saw it the only risk, is that I was "stuck" with all of the items I wanted anyway.  



I saw this on pinterest the other day it didn't have a good link to cite.  I am definitely a hobby consultant.  I make $50-$200/party.  I book or host 6-8 parties a year.  I have fun, but it doesn't consume my life.  I also think of this as my back up plan.  I know it is possible to make this a full time job if the want or need ever arises.  But when I added this to my plate I wasn't looking for a new path, just a little extra cash.   

I am currently a part of a huge direct sales holiday Facebook party.  There are two direct sales people per week and we are pooling our contacts.  It sounded like a great idea to me, my week is coming up soon and I am so excited about it. I have found so many new ideas, including an online party game.

I may start putting some of those ideas on this blog to help me keep track of/easily share these with my party people!   

I would love to hear from other consultants or anyone interested in pampered chef products or opportunities.

No comments: