Thursday, January 19, 2012

Balance Challenge for Anatomy

No need to exercise today. Four hours of a balance challenge in Anatomy proved to be enough. I knew I would be demonstrating all day, so I took it easy with first period, but by 5th I was already sore and not doing much more than demonstrating.

My students were challenged to hold each pose as long as they could with a maximum for five minutes. I would definitely say that form was not important to them - form was pretty sad most of the day. But at least one student maxed out (hit the five minute mark) on almost all of the poses. I am going to try to alternate days for a little while with yoga and what I have been doing.

Tree
Star
Warrior 3
Eagle
Hand to Big Toe
Flamingo
Dancer
Up on your toes!

I used the poses i found on the Reach website
http://reachyogastudio.com/posesforanxiety.aspx

No comments: