Sunday, August 18, 2013

Kick-off Party!

I hosted my Pampered Chef Kick-Off Party yesterday!  I am blessed to have so many friends to come out and support me in my cozy, colorful home.  I am really excited about being able to be social and make a little extra money to help out with all of those expenses that sneak up on us, and I love the products.  There will be more posts with what I make using my new toys!

Onto the food ... I made Crack dip that I found on Pinterest (on my "appetizers" board) and it links to the Plain Chicken blog.  It is really easy: sour cream, ranch packet, bacon, and cheese.  I am pretty sure someone liked the bowl clean ... I am pretty sure I am married to him ... I understand though, I could eat this on a shoe.

I also made Spinach Crostinis which disappeared quickly as well.  I make these often and always have to search the recipe again, I will pin it today ... but there is no picture.  I found it at My Recipes. I love these, you can make them in advance and freeze them on a cookie sheet for an hour and pack them in a freezer bag, you just need to let them thaw or cook them longer.  They are very forgiving.

I bought a ton of fruit and made two dips.  One I found on foodvee (on my "appetizers" board).  Another very easy one.  Vanilla pudding mix, milk and cool whip.  I could eat this by itself.  It would also be great as a summery frosting on cake.  The other dip is a Pampered Chef that I found on the Pork Chop Tuesday blog.  Peanut butter, yogurt and cool whip - best thing ever for apples!

I also splurged and treated my friends to sangria.  I am not a expert, and I think I had actually only drank sangria once before, but I love the idea.  My husband and I tried a recipe that was less than amazing.  So I scoured Pinterest again (why look anywhere else?).  And I kind of made my own.  I used strawberries, peaches and oranges in Moscato (I like sweet wine).  It was popular - we went through 5-6 bottles.  The longer it sat the better it got!

No comments: