Friday, April 13, 2012

The Great Grandmother Tour - Day 1

So at the end of Spring Break the family embarked on the Great Grandmother Tour 2012. This is an insane trip to see Xman's Great Grandmothers that live in Arkansas. Now keep in mind this was also our family vacation for the year, and not just a trip to visit all of our relatives that live in Arkansas, which I am pretty sure would take us at least a month!

So we left our cozy home, and headed to Camden and spent about an hour with my Meme and Granny. I just missed one cousin at Granny's, and forgot to take a picture, but I am hoping she is coming here for a visit before tis summer, and we can correct my mistake at that time. He was very good at finding toys at both houses. I caught the sweetest moment with Xman and MeMe while she was showing him videos of himself on our flip camera. (I will attach the picture and try to move it later when I can get to a real computer.)

Then back in the car, and we stopped to see Snotty & Cheesy at college, and Xman picked flowers and cheesy blew them in his face, and taught him to blow them.

Then back in the car. We were trying to see Robert's sister before her baby went to bed, but missed our opportunity, so we headed to dinner in LR. It took us a while to find Juanita's, since it moved, but Robert really wanted their amazing queso, and so we found it and the queso was amazing! But the fajitas and margaritas were probably the grossest I have had. It's between 88 & 9 pm at this point so we found our hotel for the night (Wyndham - very nice), and watched a movie with the boy.

The boy was good in the car, and travelled better than I did (this is a trend that will continue most of the trip).

No comments: