Thursday, November 10, 2011

Using the crock pot: Pork Tenderloin, Chili, & Lemon Chicken

I decided I wanted to try a week of crock pot meals ... but I am picky. I am not really a picky eater, but I prefer my food not to look like vomit. (The word vomit makes me think of a particular year of AP Biology.)

What was I talking about? Okay, crock pot meals. Well, the week started off rough because I couldn't prep the meals this weekend. So I made meatloaf Monday ... not in the crock pot ... so the experiment started on Tuesday. (To go with the meatloaf I slaved over boxed mac-n-cheese and roasted squash and zucchini.)

Tuesday's recipe was for brown sugar glazed port tenderloin (I will try to add the link to the recipes next time I am on a real computer - its too much to think about when I am writing posts on my phone!). It was good, but I had to work on the glaze when I got home and ended up spending more time in the kitchen than I wanted.

Wednesday's dinner was chili and salad ... (okay, I have to admit that the chili smelled do good that I forgot we were supposed to have a salad and instead we each had more chili ... confessions are good for the soul.). The chili was easy. I browned the meat the night before (I used deer) and the next morning added the deer, 2 cans of ranch style beans, a can of black beans, a can of Rotel and a packet of taco seasoning. It was very yummy, and quick, but I forgot to wash the crock pot thingy, which complicated my morning this morning.

This morning I prepared lemon chicken in the crockpot. When I got home it just tasted like chicken ... so I got busty trying to fix it. I added a little broth to my big skillet and then sautéed 3 huge cloves of garlic (sliced) in the broth. Then added the rest of the broth and chicken to the skillet (yep, that is another dish I need to wash tonight), and then I added about and ounce of cream cheese and I added garlic powder (I love garlic). Once I topped this yummy garlicky goodness with Parmesan we could finally call it dinner. I mixed in a box of pasta and served it with broccoli and a salad. This could easily serve 6 big portions. (I have included a pic of the chicken pasta even though you can't see much in the pic.)

No what am I going to make tomorrow?

1 comment:

Lady X said...

oh, YUM!

and you're correct--vomit is never a good thing to eat. ;)

also--your word verification tool is asking me to say, "nonflump."
what a great word!