Saturday, November 19, 2011

CAST 2011

CAST is the Conference for the Advancement of Science Teaching, or as I call it science-teacher-nerd-convention.

I think every science teacher should be forced to go to this every year. I do not think real force would have to be applied. But I think there is a lot of districts who don't allow teachers to go, or limit their attendance. I understand that we are not cool like the math teacher who have their conference in the summer where subs are not required, but really?

There is more ideas and free lab supplies here than anywhere else I have been. This year I went to 10 really good workshops, got several free labs, lessons, videos, not to mention the ideas I got from talking to other teachers in my workshops.

What does it take to get schools to send teachers to CAST?

No comments: