Tuesday, May 18, 2010

so much for plans

It has been a long time since I posted.  So much has happened.  Well, I posted on Sat 2-20 that I wouldn't make it much longer, and Wednesday 2-24 I wound up in the hospital because of preeclampsia.  I was on bed rest in the hospital until he was born 3-2-10.  He was 7 weeks early weighed 3 lbs 7.7 oz and 16 3/4 inches long.   We could only hold him for an hour every 3 hours.  My family carted me to and from the hospital while I couldn't drive.  Then I had my gallbladder taken out on a Wednesday, saw him at 6am that morning and didn't see him for 2 days after.  He was in the hospital for 4 weeks.

At his two week visit on 5-3 he weighed 8 lbs 13 oz and was 20 inches long.  He is doing well, and I have had almost a full 3 months off from school, I head back Friday.  I am looking forward to going back to work, but know that I will miss him lots.  But I will only have 5 school days without him.  Then he will go with me to my week of meetings and then he will go to swim lessons with us.

No comments: