Friday, June 15, 2012

Good and bad of swim lessons

How many days does it take for the chlorine to eat your arm hair? I spend 6 hours a day, 5 days a well in chlorine in the summer. It took 7 days this summer before I noticed my arm hair was gone!

I do have great rewards, like my father babysitting Xman in his office. I get to swim with the little man when I have off classes and he is not sleeping. He jumped off the board today for the second time this summer. He thinks he runs the pool!

I also get the best ice ever and diet dr pepper thanks to Dad!

I get to hear the crazy things said at the pool. This year a little girl slipped and fell on her way into the pool. Her dad rushed over to stop her crying. He asked her, "where does it hurt?". "my butt" she cried. "do you want me to kiss your butt?" he generously offered. "no" she giggled and got in the water.

I have been doing this a long time, and though I hurt from carrying fighting kids in the deep end, and from being pinched, scratched and pulled at, I do enjoy what I do ... Even if I complain about having to go - kid's attitude's are contagious!

No comments: