Sunday, January 25, 2009

Puppies

My husband has been wanting a puppy for a long time. Unfortunately, we have a cat which does not tolerate other pets. So we had said that we would not get a puppy until the kitty is no longer with us. But that may not be the case.

Last year sometime we decided that when we do get a puppy we want a great dane. He actually brought one home, but it was supposed to be a puppy and was full grown. I was afraid to take it in, because ithad not been well taken care of. It was too much all at once.

Lately, I have been researching how to introduce a puppy to a cat, searching for breeders and doing general research on the breed. The more I discover the less I believe we will wait. I am still uncertain about the daunting task of training a puppy, and caring for such a big dog while we are so busy with so much else. We shall see ...

No comments: